Pattern Recognition for Preschoolers - Easter Color By Pattern
If you have been reading my blog for a while you know that I am obsessed with pattern recognition for preschoolers. Patterns are an essential pre-skill for math and reading instruction. Math and literacy are based on pattern recognition. Every math formula is a pattern and the literacy rules sounding out words, writing sentences, writing paragraphs etc are all based on patterns.
All of this is to say that I find pattern recognition to be pretty darn important. And I focus on it a lot with my kiddos.
So I have created a freebie for you all to use with your kiddos highlighting pattern recognition.
- Create simple A-B-C or A-B-B repeating patterns
- Use a variety of visual art materials (paint, markers, crayons, clay) with minimal adult assistance
- Use visual arts to represent people, places, and things, using spatial awareness to coordinate the features of the representation
- Explore the use of materials in a variety of different ways
- Identify basic colors
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinating the use of arms, hands, and fingers together to manipulate objects with increasing accuracy
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination
Grab Your Free Copy
I love sharing some of activites and printables as freebies. You can snag a free copy over on TPT.
Print the pattern recognition Easter color by pattern template.
Color in the key to determine a color for A, B, and C.
Color the egg based on the key.
Encourage your child to color in based on the pattern (ex: A-B) instead of doing all the A’s and then all the B’s. If you do color one letter at a time, go back and discuss the patterns when you are done.
More Easter Activities
For this post, I partnered up with some friends to create a free mini Easter bundle.
Check out the following resources for 8 more free Easter activities.
Bunny CraftBy: Mrs. Black’s Bees
Funny Bunny Word SortBy: Literacy with the Littles
Easter Letter RecognitionBy: Sweet for Kindergarten
Feed the BunnyBy: Littles Love Literacy
Easter Bunny Search and Find Scene By: Wonderful Day in PreK
Color SortBy: Creating Harmony in Life
Alphabet Eggs By: It’s KinderTime
Easter Spin and CoverBy: Busy Hands and Minds