Today, we are going to be creating character puppets for our book, Your Alien. These puppets are a fun way to reflect on the story, connect with the characters, and retell the story.
This preschool activity will work on reading comprehension.
Grab a FREE copy of the template in the Required Materials section below.
Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Can identify all capital letters and some sounds (J)
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinating the use of arms, hands, and fingers together to manipulate objects with increasing accuracy
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Can identify all capital letters and most sounds (J)
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
Print and cut out the Your Alien Story Sticks Template.
Glue each puppet to a popsicle stick.
Use the puppets to retell the story Your Alien.
Pro Parent Package
Love my lessons? Become a Pro member today and get access to bonus content!