Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Uses writing materials to write (pencils, pens, crayons, markers)
- Makes marks or scribbles as to represent words
- Recognizes that writing is used to create meaning (scribbles a letter or grocery list) using some legible letters or words
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
You will have to read the word for them.
This will begin to teach them that letters are strung together to create words which convey meaning. This is a CRUCIAL skill and should not be overlooked.
Do not push this. It is not required or expected that your Lil’ be able to write a bunch of words, however if your Lil’ is showing interest in writing this is a wonderful opportunity for them to try!