Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Point to and comment on the pictures independently
- Interact with and recall details from a text that was read aloud
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinating the use of arms, hands, and fingers together to manipulate objects with increasing accuracy
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Make conclusions and observations about the text based on the pictures
- Recall details from a text that was read aloud
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
We printed ours on construction paper.
- Apple on red
- Pears on light green
- Plums on dark blue or purple
- Strawberries on red
- Oranges on orange
- Sweets on white
- Leaf on dark green
Teacher TipIf your Lil’ is lacking some self-control, you can wear the caterpillar and eat through the paper foods. Doing it themselves gives them some buy-in to the story and encourages them to listen more intently so they can eat the right foods at the right time. It is okay if they need to watch you model a few times first. I promise, they will want to do this activity more than once and they can try after you model it if need be.
Pro Parent package
Want instant access to all of this month’s lessons and templates in a neat, easy-to-use package? Consider trying my Pro Parent Package for free!