We’ve been learning all about our body and one of the greatest parts about our body is our ability to taste. So I set up a tasting station for my kiddos so they could try foods with the four main types of tastes: salty, sour, bitter, and sweet.
If you’ve followed along for a little while, you’ve learned that I like any activity that has to do with food, and this activity will teach us a little bit about our body and our taste buds.
With this preschool activity, we will be working on teaching our preschoolers about their five senses specifically their sense of taste.
Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Pose “what” and “why” questions about their surroundings
- Illustrate observations
- Make predictions and perform experiments
- Understand 3 of the 5 senses to make observations
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Pose “what,” “why” and “how” questions about their surroundings
- Illustrate and describe observations
- Make predictions, perform experiments, and discuss results
- Use 5-senses to make observations
Give your child one food that falls into each of the four taste categories. So we tried:
Sour – Sour patch kids
Bitter – Dark chocolate
Salty – Pretzels
Sweet – Cookies
Have your child record on their taste test form the food item, draw a picture, and record if they liked the taste.
Pro Parent Bundles
Love my lessons? Become a Pro member today and get access to bonus content!