Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Recognize sight words (I, my, you, is, are, the, of, and, can, like)
- Use a variety of visual art materials (paint, markers, crayons, clay) with minimal adult assistance
- Explore the use of materials in a variety of different ways
- Cut a toilet paper tube so it has 16 skinny strips on one end.
- Completely cut off eight of those strips (every other one) so the eight remaining pieces are spread out.
- Flatten out the strips of the tube using your hand or table.
It’s okay if your Lil’ does not know how to read these words yet on their own. If they did we wouldn’t need to be practicing it. The purpose is to get your Lil’ to memorize what these common words look like so they don’t get caught up on them when they eventually learn to read.
To help them memorize, try reading the word yourself and have your Lil’ repeat it before they stamp the word.
Pro Parent Package
Want easy access to all of this month’s lessons and templates? Consider a free upgrade to our Pro Parent membership!
Get Notified When I Post
It's simple. I post 2-3 lessons every day and you do them with your Lil'. Take a couple seconds to fill out this form and I'll keep you updated about new lessons!