Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Pose “what” and “why” questions about their surroundings
- Make predictions and perform experiments
- Understand 3 of the 5 senses to make observations
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Pose “what,” “why” and “how” questions about their surroundings
- Illustrate and describe observations
- Make predictions, perform experiments, and discuss results
- Use 5-senses to make observations
- Recognizes that writing is used to create meaning (scribbles a letter or grocery list) using some legible letters
Even though our Lil’ Explorers are not recording their findings on a data sheet, we should still be having these conversations with them.
For instance, when you pour the white water in and the glitter in the jar, talk to them about the fact that it all fell to the bottom of the jar.
Let us know what you think of this STEM activity. We always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to share our post on social media by clicking one of the buttons below!