Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Engage in pretend play
- Utilize familiar props for their intended purpose (use a phone to call someone) and invent new purposes for them
- Use a variety of visual art materials (paint, markers, crayons, clay) with minimal adult assistance
- Use visual arts to represent people, places, and things, using spatial awareness to coordinate the features of the representation
- Explore the use of materials in a variety of different ways
- Identify basic colors
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinating the use of arms, hands, and fingers together to manipulate objects with increasing accuracy
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water
Mix together to create a dough.
You can use Play Doh tools (at the dollar store) or just use your hands.
We used a straw, but you can use anything you have on hand.
About 1-2 hours.
This will likely be a two day project.
On day one you will create the dough and bake it.
On day two you will paint and make it a necklace.