Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Interact with and recall details from a text that was read aloud
- Use a variety of visual art materials (paint, markers, crayons, clay) with minimal adult assistance
- Use visual arts to represent people, places, and things, using spatial awareness to coordinate the features of the representation
- Explore the use of materials in a variety of different ways
- Identify basic colors
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinating the use of arms, hands, and fingers together to manipulate objects with increasing accuracy
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination
Continue this process for each page.
If you haven’t read this book to your Lil’ yet, be sure to do so before doing this activity. This breaks the book up into pieces while you pause to do art. If this were your first time reading the book, it would be really choppy and hard to follow. If it is the second or third time reading it, this activity allows your Lil’ to draw the information out in a more fluid way because they already know what is going on in the book.
Pro Parent Package
Want to get the most out of my program? Upgrade to the Pro Parent Package!