Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Make predictions and perform experiments
- Understand 3 of the 5 senses to make observations
- Identify basic colors
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Pose “what,” “why” and “how” questions about their surroundings
- Illustrate and describe observations
- Make predictions, perform experiments, and discuss results
- Use 5-senses to make observations
- Uses writing materials to write (pencils, pens, crayons, markers)
- Makes marks or scribbles as to represent words
- Recognizes that writing is used to create meaning (scribbles a letter or grocery list) using some legible letters or words
- Identify basic colors and understand that you can combine colors to make new colors
Talk about the different colors of the Skittles, the taste (I know your Lil’ tried at least one), the temperature of the water, what they think will happen, and the results.
Lil’ Creators should draw a picture on their data sheet of the results. Record your observations and the results in the conclusion section.
Let us know what you think of this science activity. We always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to share our post on social media by clicking one of the buttons below!