This experiment has the science teacher in me totally gaga and in awe. Rea loved it too, but she struggled with getting the right distance to the magnet so that it would move due to force rather than because they’re stuck together.
Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Pose “what” and “why” questions about their surroundings
- Make predictions and perform experiments
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Pose “what,” “why” and “how” questions about their surroundings
- Make predictions, perform experiments, and discuss results
- Bring the magnet close to the magnet on the car but do not let them touch. If it’s close enough, it will attract the magnet on the car.
- Continue to pull the U shaped magnet away from the car slowly so that the car follows the magnet.