I have to preface this post with an apology.
I am sorry for the glitter… It is completely optional, but it definitely gives the medal a little extra pa-zaz!
But I know, I know! Glitter is the herpes of arts and crafts! Every time you think you have gotten rid of it, it reappears!
But in the words of sweet Rea, “I really, really love it. It’s so sparkly!”
Anywho, this activity will work on the letter M and will leave your Lil’ with a beautiful gold medal!
Grab a FREE copy of the M is for Medal template in the Required Materials section below
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Can identify all capital letters and most sounds (M)
- Can form all capital letters and some lower case letters (M)
- Use a variety of visual art materials (paint, markers, crayons, clay) with minimal adult assistance
- Use visual arts to represent people, places, and things, using spatial awareness to coordinate the features of the representation
- Explore the use of materials in a variety of different ways
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
If you do choose to use glitter, spray it with hairspray to keep MOST of the glitter in place.