Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Pose “what” and “why” questions about their surroundings
- Make predictions and perform experiments
- Understand 3 of the 5 senses to make observations
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Pose “what,” “why” and “how” questions about their surroundings
- Make predictions, perform experiments, and discuss results
- Use 5-senses to make observations
As you are doing the experiment be sure to talk to your Lil’ about what they observe.
- what they see (the color of the pipe cleaner, the crystals)
- what they feel (fuzzy, heat)
- what they think will happen
- what did happen
Let us know what you think of this STEM activity. We would love to seem some pictures of your icicles! We always love hearing your feedback Be sure to share our post on social media by clicking one of the buttons below!