Y’all, Rea really enjoyed this preschool letter activity. It’s fairly low prep and a fun way to work on letter identification. Plus, it is also a great way to start working on capital and lowercase letter recognition and matching.
Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Can identify all capital letters and some sounds (J)
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinating the use of arms, hands, and fingers together to manipulate objects with increasing accuracy
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Can identify all capital letters and most sounds (J)
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
Print and cut out the Dinosaur Letter Matching Template.
Place a letter card in the box on your dinosaur template.
Use a pom-pom to cover up the ladder on the dinosaur that matches the letter in the box.
Repeat this process until you have covered all of the letters on the dinosaur.
You can use that pens, markers or any other counter to cover up the letters on the dinosaur and you could also use letter magnets to avoid having to cut all of the letterboxes.
Pro Parent Package
Want access to all my lessons plus other perks? Upgrade to the Pro Parent Package!
Get Notified When I Post
It's simple. I post 2-3 lessons every day and you do them with your Lil'. Take a couple seconds to fill out this form and I'll keep you updated about new lessons!