D is for Dump Truck! This Letter of the Week activity is a great way to work on glueing skills and cutting skills. Many of the shapes in this template are simple and only have straight lines making it a great opportunity for our Lil’s who are less experienced cutters.
Grab a FREE copy of our D is for Dump Truck template HERE!
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Can identify all capital letters and most sounds (D)
- Use a variety of visual art materials (paint, markers, crayons, clay) with minimal adult assistance
- Use visual arts to represent people, places, and things, with accuracy and detail
- Explore the use of materials in a variety of different ways
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
Print and cut out the D is for Dump Truck template. We printed ours on yellow and black (for the wheels) construction paper.
Glue the letter D to the right of the paper about half way down the page.
Glue the small rectangle above the letter D.
Glue the large shape (quadrilateral) behind the D.
Glue the circles (wheels) at the bottom of the truck.
Label the paper D is for Dump Truck.
What do you think of this activity? Share pictures of your Lil’ working on their letter!