With all of the different holiday activities we did over the last month, our absolute favorite was making cookies.
So I decided to keep the magic going and include a cookie making activity in this month’s lessons. However, we are in sweets overload over here so our cookies will be pretend today.
As fun as this activity is, it is also a great opportunity to work on fine motor skills and dramatic play.
Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Engage in pretend play
- Utilize familiar props for their intended purpose (use a phone to call someone) and invent new purposes for them
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
- Construct models to represent their imagination and objects in the world
- Use tools with appropriate safety and purpose