Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Pose “what” and “why” questions about their surroundings
- Make predictions and perform experiments
- Understand 3 of the 5 senses to make observations
- Identify basic colors
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Pose “what,” “why” and “how” questions about their surroundings
- Make predictions, perform experiments, and discuss results
- Use 5-senses to make observations
- Identify basic colors and understand that you can combine colors to make new colors
- We chose to do 6 cups so that we could experiment with different colors.
- Blue + Red = Purple
- Red + Yellow = Orange
- Yellow + Blue = Green
*This is a CRUCIAL step. Plant stems are like skin, they seal up like a scab when they are picked so in order for them to absorb new water, you need to reopen their flesh (stem) by cutting them.
- Encourage them to make predictions
- Invite them to tell their other parent or their sibling what they did as verbalizing their actions reinforces their comprehension.
Ask your Lil’ why they think the flowers changed colors.
Conversations about the experiment are equally as important as the experiment themselves.