Our Lil’ Creators are starting the alphabet for the 3rd time now. Are you noticing their letter recognition getting better? Have they started to recognize some of the sounds that go with the letters? It is amazing how much they can grow in such short amount of time.
In this craft we are going to learn about the letter C and the winter games event of curling! I have to be honest, I’m still not 100% sure how to play but it looks a lot like sweeping so maybe if I teach Rea, I can get my house cleaned as she practices.
Grab your FREE C is for Curling Template below in the Required Materials section.
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Can identify all capital letters and most sounds (S)
- Can form all capital letters and some lower case letters (S)
- Use a variety of visual art materials (paint, markers, crayons, clay) with minimal adult assistance
- Use visual arts to represent people, places, and things, using spatial awareness to coordinate the features of the representation
- Explore the use of materials in a variety of different ways
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
Glue the C near the curling target.
Glue the curling stick on the folded edge behind the C so that it looks like it is pushing the C to the target. That will give it a cool 3D effect.
Super sorry if you’re a curler, cause I am fairly confident that I messed up the terms. I will have to watch the curling events to brush up on my terminology.