Y’all Nibbles is our family favorite. I took this book to my niece and nephew’s house when we were visiting for their birthday and they quickly fell inlove just like my kids did. And now every time I FaceTime them the first thing out of their mouthswhen they see Auntie Em is “Nibbles!!”
Nibblesis seriously one of our favorite book characters and I truly love this book too. I’ve always been a little obsessedwith fractured fairytales,I love how creative authorscan be with a story that we all already know and love,this book is a WONDERFUL fractured fairytale and that you will enjoy reading 15 times a day.
With that said fortoday’s activity we are going to build our ownNibbles.
This preschool activity will engage your child reading comprehension, creativity, cutting, and gluing skills.
Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Interact with and recall details from a text that was read aloud
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinating the use of arms, hands, and fingers together to manipulate objects with increasing accuracy
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Recall details from a text that was read aloud
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
Print and cut out the Build a Nibbles Template. We printed Nibbles’ body page with the circle on it on yellow construction paper.
Lay out all the pieces and invite your child to build their own Nibbles.
- two arms
- two legs
- two horns to the top of his head
- two eyes
- a mouth full of triangle shaped teeth.
When you do this activity, bring out the book so your children can see their Nibbles next to the original. Also, take advantage of the fact that you are using basic shapes to build a beloved character. Use that shape vocabulary to describe the triangle teeth, oval legs, or circle body while you’re working. Make it a natural conversation so you can sneak some math vocabulary into an art project.
Pro Parent Bundles
Love my lessons? Become a Pro member today and get access to bonus content!