Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Uses writing materials to write (pencils, pens, crayons, markers)
- Makes marks or scribbles as to represent words
- Recognizes that writing is used to create meaning (scribbles a letter or grocery list) using some legible letters or words
- Can form all capital letters and some lower case letters
We chose to trace the words using the corresponding color, so the words “blue” and “horse” were traced in blue crayon.
Read the word cards to your Lil and ask them to match it to the correct animal picture.
Have your Lil’ repeat the word after you so they can “practice” reading the word card too.
If this is overwhelming, try:
- working on just the color word cards or the animal word cards
- working in small batches
It is not expected for your Lil to be able to write all of the vocabulary words, however if they are interested in trying, you should certainly give them the opportunity. Invite them to share the job with you.
Pro Parent Package
Want to get the most out of my program? Upgrade to the Pro Parent Package!
Get Notified When I Post
It's simple. I post 2-3 lessons every day and you do them with your Lil'. Take a couple seconds to fill out this form and I'll keep you updated about new lessons!