Lil’ Explorers Focus Skills
- Interact with and recall details from a text that was read aloud
- Identify basic colors
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinating the use of arms, hands, and fingers together to manipulate objects with increasing accuracy
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Recall details from a text that was read aloud
- Identify basic colors and understand that you can combine colors to make new colors
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
Print and cut out the Brown Bear, Brown Bear Color Sort Template.
Save some paper and ink by keeping this template for the Brown Bear Sensory Bin.
While reading, match the animal to the corresponding colored square.
*Stopping during the text and matching the images to the corresponding color encourages your Lil’ to work on recalling a text and deepens their understanding of text as a whole and the vocabulary for the individual words (colors and animals.)
This is an activity that I laminated and added velcro so she could do it over and over with ease. It will go in her quiet time bin now that we have done it together and I know she can do it independently.
Let us know what you think of this connection to literature activity. We always love hearing your feedback. Be sure to share our post on social media by clicking one of the buttons below!
[wpforms id=”9318″ title=”true” description=”true”]