Letter Recognition For Preschoolers Donut Activity
Letter recognition for preschoolers is the first step to learning phonics. While our preschoolers do not NEED to know how to read or any other basic phonics for that matter, there are many preschoolers who are interested and have taken notice of the letters surrounding them so why not appeal to their interests.
This letter recognition activity for preschoolers has a bit of a sweet twist on it as it was inspired by Rea’s OBSESSIONS with pink sprinkle donuts! Not just any donut will do, it has to be a PINK SPRINKLE donut.
I think this is one of my favorite activities ever! It was so simple to prep, easy to complete, and it just looks adorable!
This letter recognition activity for preschoolers will have your kiddos working on letter recognition and letter matching, gluing, and cutting.
This activity is a sample of our Preschool Theme – Food which has over 50 food theme activities for you to try with your preschoolers to prepare them for kindergarten.
- Can identify all capital letters and most sounds
- Can identify all lowercase letters and some sounds
Fine Motor Skills
- Coordinate the use of hands, wrists, and fingers to complete tasks that require more precise movements
- Engage in activities that require hand-eye coordination with increasing accuracy
- Print and cut out the Letter Recognition for Preschoolers- Donut Template.
- Cut out the letter sprinkles.
- Match and glue the sprinkles to the donut.
We found it easier to put glue on the donut vs. the sprinkles for this letter recognition activity for preschoolers.
Check out the rest of my food activity bundle.