Iron Man Coding
You may have read this title and thought, ‘Why on earth does my preschooler need coding skills?” There are SO MANY benefits to teaching coding to children, but I’ll only say a few.
1. Coding is its own superpower! Hilary Mason, Chief Scientist at Bitly, said the following:
“I believe technology should give us superpowers. Everyone should have the opportunity to learn to think, analyze, and create with technology.”
2. Coding is quickly becoming a new literacy. Salman Khan, the founder of Khan Academy, said the following:
“To prepare humanity for the next 100 years, we need more of our children to learn computer programming skills, regardless of their future profession. Along with reading and writing, the ability to program is going to define what an educated person is.”
3. It’s arguably the best way to build logic and critical thinking skills. Nicholas Negroponte, Founder and Chairman Emeritus of MIT’s Media Lab said the following:
“Programming allows you to think about thinking. And while debugging, you learn to learn.”
- Computer Literacy Skills
- Engage in problem solving activities
Speaking and Listening
- Follow three-step directions
Print and cut out Iron Man Coding Template.
*You are only cutting out pages 2&3
Have You Been Wondering What The Preschool Playbook Looks Like On The Inside? Try The Transportation Unit For Free And Discover If It Is Right For You.