Hot Cocoa Dramatic Play Printable Set
Hot Cocoa Stand Dramatic Play Set
I have a super fun Hot Cocoa Stand Dramatic Play for you today. I am so excited to share it with you. If your preschooler likes to engage in pretend play, they will love this dramatic play set that is perfect for the winter months. You may even be able to teach your kiddo to take and make your coffee order perfectly. I definitely have ulterior motives for this one.
So I have to share my little plug here and remind y’all why I love dramatic play set like these.
- They allow your child to engage in pretend play (SO important for their development).
- They allow you to sneak in some educational skills; reading the signs and menus (using the pictures to guide them), writing to take your order and counting how many cookies to give your customer.
- They allow your child to engage in social skills. When they pretend they create social scenarios that they have to work out and if they pretend with another child they engage together and practice those social skills in an organic way.
- Engage in pretend play to represent known and make believe situations
- Utilize familiar props for their intended purpose (use a phone to call someone) and invent new purposes for them
- Make conclusions and observations about the text based on the pictures
- Uses writing materials to write (pencils, pens, crayons, markers)
- Makes marks or scribbles as to represent words
- Recognizes that writing is used to create meaning (scribbles a letter or grocery list) using some legible letters or words
Tips for Bringing It To Life
Once you have downloaded the hot cocoa dramatic play set there are a few things you can do to bring the hot cocoa stand to life.
- Add paper cups or coffee cups from a play kitchen set
- Hot Chocolate – use crumbled up brown tissue paper
- Chocolate Wafer Cookies – roll up brown construction paper or use brown pipe cleaners
- Whip Cream – save an empty whip cream can
- Marshmallows – use white pom poms or cotton balls
- Cake Pops – crumbled up brown tissue paper taped on a straw or coffee stirrer
- Brownies – cut brown construction paper in squares or rectangles
- Cupcake- Tape cardboard or a cork to the back so it stands up
- Peppermint Sticks – Red craft sticks wrapped in masking tape
- Sign – Attach it to yarn so you can hang it
I chose to laminate all of the pieces for durability. I also love that the menu is laminated and Rea can write on it and then erase for the next “order”
Get your copy of the hot cocoa dramatic play set.
Have You Been Wondering What The Preschool Playbook Looks Like On The Inside? Try The Transportation Unit For Free And Discover If It Is Right For You.