Brown Bear Color Hunt
- Identify basic colors and understand that you can combine colors to make new colors
Gross Motor Skills
- Use locomotor skills with balance in a variety of directions and changing directions during active play
- Use locomotor skills with coordination in a variety of directions and changing directions during active play
- Engage in non-locomotor body movements with balance, coordination, and control (twist and bend)
We used brown, red, yellow, blue, purple, green, and orange.
(We skipped black and white from Brown Bear, Brow Bear What Do You See? because we didn’t have many black and white toys.)
You can do this multiple ways.
- Have them gather all the toys they want to sort
- Have them go find all their brown toys, then all the red, then the yellow, etc.
- Have them pick one toy at a time and sort it as they go
You can always adjust to make activities fit your needs. You can reduce the number of colors you’re sorting or preselect the toys your preschooler will sort if the hunt is too overwhelming.