As you work on the Letter of the Week Activities, I hope you are talking with your Lil’ about the name of the letter as well as the sound that it makes. Today’s activity will help reinforce the sounds that go with each letter.
Grab a copy of your FREE template HERE.
Lil’ Creators Focus Skills
- Can identify all capital letters and most sounds (H,G,I,U,D,W,E,K)
Print and cut out the Airplane Letter Sound Recognition template.
Invite your Lil’ to match the windows to the plane based on their beginning sounds. There are three different levels that you can do with this activity. I recommend you start with level 1 and if it’s easy, move on to level 2 and possibly level 3.
- Level 1 – least challenging
- Give your Lil’ one airplane and it’s coordinating windows plus one or two extra and ask them to identify if the window belongs or not.
- Level 2 – moderate challenge
- Give your Lil’ two or three airplanes and all of the coordinating windows. Then ask them to sort the windows based on their beginning sounds.
- Level 3 – most challenging
- Give your Lil’ all of the airplanes and all of the windows to sort based on their beginning sounds.
Don’t be discouraged if you’re a little is struggling with this, this is a big concepts and will take time.
Let us know what you think of this activity and be sure to share it on social media.